The RAINDOG 100 is a simple device with 6 "must do" functions and is fully mechanically and automatically operated.
1. RAINDOG 100 diverts first run-off rainwater from roof with leaves, debris and mud into storm water drain in stead of to be collected in a container (the amount of first flush to be diverted is adjustable according to the roof size in square meters);
2) RAINDOG 100 diverts clean rainwater into underground tank (after first flush finishes);
3) RAINDOG 100 has an important property which the unit can save more rainwater from unnecessary first flush between two close rains. This interval is around 2.5 days depending on the humidity.
4) RAINDOG 100 has self-clean function that means the tank owner does not need to do any maintenance unlike the others.
5) Insect screen to prevent insects entering underground tanks.
6) RAINDOG 100 either needs a back flow stopper or its outlet to storm water drain should be placed higher than the tank's overflow pipe to prevent any back flow from storm water drain to your tank as necessary.
How It Works
As an appropriate first flush, it should have the following properties:
* It can stop leaves and other large particles from getting into the tank;
* It can stop fine contaminated substance from getting into the tank;
* It can only divert clean rainwater into the tank;
* Above tasks can be repeated again manually or automatically.
1. The Chamber and the Chamber Inlet
First run-off rainwater from the roof and gutters comes into the unit inlet (1), 1/10 of first flush will be diverted into the chamber (2) through the chamber inlet (3) which can be adjusted by different sizes with marked opener sticks (3-a) to relatively match roof area. (There is a filter screen at the chamber inlet (3) to prevent certain sized dirt, debris and leaves getting into the chamber). In the mean time, the rest of first flush will be diverted into storm water drain through the unit's outlet (A 4) while the unbalanced tipping valve (5) is in open position [the chamber works with the chamber inlet will take equivalent amount first flush from 20L to 100L]. When the chamber is full, the valve (5) will shut the pass ways to the outlet (4) and to the chamber. Now first flush is completed and clean rainwater starts diverting into the tank through unit outlet (B 6).
2. The Unbalanced Tipping Valve
The unbalanced tipping valve (5) determines whether rainwater goes into storm water drain or the tanks, also controls self-clean valve. Another important function of this valve is that the valve can hold certain amount of rainwater to keep its balance. When the certain amount of rainwater has evaporated the balance has broken, then the valve will open the pass way to storm water drain. The period of time is depending on the humidity. This will give the system a "break" from first flush when the time between two rains is less about 2.5-day to save more water from unnecessary flush out into the drain.
3. The Self-clean Valve
The self-clean valve (7) inside the chamber opens when the valve (5) is shut (it is the same the other way round). So the chamber will be emptied through the outlet (A 4). The task of self-clean is completed.
1) According to the roof area in square meters to pick a relevant opener stick then slide it down into the chamber's inlet (3);
2) To select a location for the unit between down pipe and underground tank's inlet;
3) To make sure that the unit outlet (A 4) is higher than overflow end point;
4) According to this height to make a solid leveled base as this unit's ground;
5) To connect down pipe with unit inlet,
To connect unit outlet (B) with underground tank's inlet,
To connect unit outlet (A) with storm water drain,
All connections are to DN100 pipes.
6) This unit has 450mm height. If it is needed, rising pipe to size in order to match the ground surface then install top lid with silicon and screws.
Note: For Top Lid--The lid is made to suit Class C load rating and it approaches 1.6Kg/cm2.
*To suit DN100 pipes
* Diameter 250mm, Height 450mm
* Extension 600mm
* Max height 1050mm
* Standard lid approaches 1.6Kg/cm2
* Written Warranty: Two years parts and labour and five years parts only.
Copyright iLAND Pty. Ltd. All Rights Reserved P. (02) 86777000 M. 0412358388