FIRST FLUSH UNIT FOR ABOVE GROUND TANKS
3 In 1 Rainwater Diverter I and II (Patent 2008100190)
1) Leaf and Debris Blocker
(No more vermin or mosquitoes & no more blocked gutters)
It has multiple-screen that fit to down pie and deflect leaves and debris away from the flow of water.
2) First Flush Diverter
(No more mud water, reduces tank maintenance)
It captures the first, most contaminated rainweater from the roof and gutters, automatically diverting the subsequent cleaner rainwater tank system.
3) Overflow Dischareger
(No more flood)
It diverts overflow of the tank to storm water drain instead flood everywhere.
1) Save Pipes
No overflow piping backwards to storm water drain (just install it between gutter and storm water drain along the down pipe)
2) Easy Maintenance
Only once a while clean up slow release valve.
3) Easy Adding More Tank/s Later
Because the way of connection when you want to add an extra tank after, just connect drain outlet with the new added one.
4) Increase About 5% Volume to Your Tank
This product will raise overflow level by 8cm before it flows into storm water drain (the extra volume equals to tank's cross section area times 0.08m. For example: a 3000L round tank has 1.91m2 cross section area, this diverter will add 153L extra litter to the tank and is about 5.1% increase)
How It Works
1) Rainwater from the roof and gutters with polluted substances coming into the inlet of this unit (A) through down pipe/s;
2) Leaves and large debris are blocked by two layers stainless steel mesh screen (B) and washed off the screen;
3) The first run off rainwater is diverted into first flush chamber or pipe through an one-way funnel inside the diverter's outlet (C);
4) When the chamber or first flush pipe is full, the valve of the chamber will shut and clean rainwater will flow into the tanks through tank's OVERFLOW outlet (RAINDOG 3 in 1 Rainwater Diverter's outlet (D) is connected with tank's overflow outlet);
5) Overflow from tank is diverted into storm water drain through the diverter's outlet (E) that means one pipe in and out controlled by the level diverter of the unit;
6) First run off rainwater from roof and gutters in the chamber or first flush pipe will by slowly drained off from flow control calve (F)
All connections are to 90mm pipe. The diverter can be installed along down pipe.
1) This diverter's outlet to tank should connect to tank's overflow outlet, For traditional installation, the unit's overflow outlet can be blocked by a 90mm pipe cap.
2) To make sure that the pipe line between tank's overflow outlet and the diverter's outlet (D) should be level.
To connect pipes from tank's overflow outlet towards down pipe and keep pipe line level.
To cut down pipe accordingly then connecting with the diverter and secure it with wall brackets. In the mean time, connecting the diverter's outlet to tank (D) with the pipe comes from tank's overflow outlet and down pipe with diverter's inlet (A).
To connect first flush chamber or pipe with the diverter's outlet (C) and overflow pipe between storm water drain and the diverter's overflow outlet (E) by using two 45-degree elbows.
Inserting a floating ball into first flush chamber or pipe then connecting with flow control valve.
Position RAINDOG 3 in 1 Rainwater Diverter for Bladder Tanks
Some way to install but there are two things need to take care:
1) The RAINDOG 3 in 1 Rainwater Diverter's overflow outlet height on the down pipe is the same as the bladder tank's overflow height ( Consult the manugacturer's installation instructions for the bladder tank's overflow height. Exceeding the overflow height can damage the tank because the ressure generated by height).
2) The bladder tank's air release vent must be sufficiently above the RAINDOG 3 in 1 Rainwater Diverter's overflow outlet.
* To fit to 90mm pipes
* H 438mm, W 275mm, D 98mm
* 1.2mm and 0.8mm stainless steel mesh screen filters
* PVC material with UV protection ingredient
* Written Warranty: Two Years